In light of recent news on Bahrain’s official announcements regarding restaurants and cafes re-opening, the Ministry of Health has issued out all the requirements and guidelines restaurants and customers have to follow come September when we see outdoor and indoor dining re-open.
Here are the deets
Scroll down to see some of the important guidelines you’ll need to know about maintaining safety regulations.
Generally, there will be:
- Temperature checks
- Hand sanitizers
- Reservations recommended
- Social distancing
- Recording contact information, date, and time of visit for each reservation.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times except when eating and drinking
Staff will have to comply to the following:
- Can’t work if experiencing symptoms
- Wash hands consistently
- Wear gloves and replace consistently
- Only essential staff are on each shift
The decisions on restaurant seating:
- Must be 2m distance between tables
- Maximum of 5 customers at a table
- Minimal close contact between staff and customer
- Food servers to maintain 1 m distance between customers at all times
- Wash hands before and after handling anything including food prep
- Only pre-wrapped and disposable cutlery, straws, etc allowed
Disinfecting and sanitization of establishment:
- Disinfect food prep areas
- Disinfect high contact areas twice a day or after each use
- Disinfect tables, seats, and surfaces after each use
- Menus must be disposable or sanitized after each use
It is also noted that customers are encouraged to use contactless and e-payments.