Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labor fund, has launched a national employment program aimed at promoting the hiring of Bahraini fresh graduates and job seekers in the private sector. Here’s what you need to know about the program:
- Enterprises can benefit from wage subsidies for a period of three years to employ Bahrainis, allowing them to become partners in the success of the organization.
- To be eligible, enterprises must have an active CR/license and should not have any violations from Tamkeen or LMRA.
- Employees must be Bahraini nationals and fall into specific categories based on their qualifications and fields of expertise.
- Minimum wage requirements vary based on the level of education and type of employment.
- The program also includes specialized tracks for actuaries, doctors, and engineers, each with its own set of requirements and wage criteria.
- Outsourcing companies and individuals with a first or second-degree relationship with the employer are not eligible for support through this program.
- Wage subsidy support is provided for a duration of three years, with decreasing percentages over time, up to the approved cap amount.
- For the Engineers Track, eligible enterprises receive wage subsidy support of 40% for five years.
Overall, Tamkeen’s national employment program aims to incentivize the private sector in Bahrain to employ local talent by providing wage subsidies and fostering partnerships between enterprises and Bahraini fresh graduates and job seekers!