You’ve got a smartphone? You can be a storyteller!
Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities is conducting a workshop for teens in Bahrain on creating professional videos for impactful storytelling and communication. Bahrain-based photographer and videographer, Joshua Dinkler will be walking you through filming on your smartphone and giving your videos professional editing on the Adobe Premiere Pro software.
This workshop is for anyone between the ages of 14-19 years. Register HERE
From pre-production, the planning stage to post-production, the editing stage – this workshop will take you through all the nuances to creating the best quality videos. And you get to explore different types of shots, good film composition, and the power of storytelling! Neat, huh?
The Art Center
7th May: 4 pm to 8 pm
14th May: 4 pm to 8 pm
21st May: 4 pm to 7 pm
28th May: 6 pm to 8 pm
Note: Participant should attend all above timings
Attend all the dates of the workshop to get the most out of it!
Here’s what you’ll need
- A Smartphone that takes high-resolution video – iPhone 7 or higher
- A Laptop: Windows or Mac OS with at least 8GB of RAM 16GB or 32GB
- Self-procure a one-month license for Adobe Premiere software (11 BD) on your laptop from Adobe Creative Cloud
- Headphones that connect to the laptop
And here’s what you’ll take away:
- Edit video with Adobe Premiere Pro software
- Film and produce a short video story in a “production team”
- Incorporate different shot sizes with video cameras
- Enhance visual storytelling skills
- Use good composition techniques that engage the audience
- Understand the importance of each phase of video creation: pre-production, production, and post-production