Bahrain’s winter weather was made for horseback riding along the sunset but here in the Kingdom, we do it in the summer too. Chances are you have a friend or two who knows someone with a stable, and that just goes to show how revered this particular activity is.
It’s also a common hobby and sport for many members of Bahrain’s royal family, like our very own Representative of His Majesty the King for Charity Work and Youth Affairs, National Security Advisor and Chairman of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sport (SCYS) His Highness Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, a known equestrian and lover of horses.
Check out His Highness’ most iconic horseback photos and GET inspired
If these photos don’t get you booking for an experience to horseback ride, then we don’t know what will.
1. A young HH Sheikh Nasser always loved this
In fact, he started joining competitions way before this photo was taken (in 2004).
2. He has a name for each and every horse, like this one, called Safien
and *ehm, Safien was the winner of the King’s Cup, taking home a trophy for the Kingdom for a 160-km stride!
3. Anywhere and everywhere he goes, his love for horses follows
4. SO cute!
5. Who could blame him? They are majestic
7. He’s always training for world championships, and in different places
8. The love for horseback riding has been a family tradition
9. He’s even fulfilled a lifelong dream to take his own children horseback riding