Hawar Islands is a magical place in Bahrain that’s one of the thirty-three islands that make up the kingdom. This hidden gem is one of the most treasured places in Bahrain where one can go to unwind, connect with nature, and just observe the peaceful surroundings.
Tourism in 2020 has been slowed down and hotels there facilitating experiences on the island are currently closed while the Kingdom goes through safety measures in response to COVID-19, but until tourism reopens, enjoy these INCREDIBLE photos of Hawar islands!
Scroll down below to see some of the beauty in the area!
1. A spot to unwind and catch beautiful sunsets day after day
Such a peaceful way to end the day!
2. The legendary Bahraini Ismael Dawas Band brought extra magic to the island through traditional music
The band was formed in 1935 and generations later they keep the Bahraini music traditions alive. Imagine chilling by the beach and listening to them!
3. Walking by the beach you’ll find the shores covered in unique seashells
The beaches are covered in a vast amount of seashells and its so gorgeous!
4. Take in the beauty of a historic mosque in Hawar
It is believed to be over 150 years old. Wow!
5. Discover the island and you’ll find native gazelles, Arabian oryx, and Nubian ibex
The island is a conservation for many types of wildlife.
6. If you’re lucky you might catch a glimpse of a dolphin on the crystal clear beaches
Living on an island is wonderful because it’s a chance to observe marine wildlife which can make a day SO special.
7. Get to see things from a new perspective by discovering the land!
The cliffs and terrains of Hawar Islands are a must-see.
8. There’s a hotel on the island if you’re looking for a relaxing staycation to head to
Add this spot to your bucket list of places to visit ASAP.
9. This dessert island is home to over 150 bird species and other wildlife
Apart from gazelles and dolphins, there are over 150 types of birds who call Hawar Islands home!
10. One of the best spots to experience that Bahraini sunrise!
Sunset, sunrise, and everything in between makes this place is so beautiful.